Based in the Lower Mainland, Glass Slipper Event Planning is a boutique event planning company specializing in weddings, special events, & event styling.
Want to know more about working with us, our process, our packages and our team? We put together this FAQ below.
- Is there a fee for a consultation & what is included in the consultation?
All couples interested in our wedding planning services receive
a complimentary consultation. This meeting is typically 60-90 minutes in
length and an opportunity for us to get to know each other and for me
to learn more about your wedding planning needs, allow you to ask lots
of questions and then we can share with you with package or additional
services will be best based on your needs. Additional meetings depend
on the package or service you choose.
- How many people do you have on your team?
Our team is made up of 8 people. Stephanie, is the owner and principal planner
you will meet at your consultation. She manages our partial and full planning clients as well as select month-of coordination clients. Tisha, handles our month-of coordination clients and we have a team of six additional staff who help with everything from day-of
assistance, set-up and take down and even bartending.
- How many weddings do you take on per year?
In order to build trust and a relationship with our clients as well as ensure quality service to each client, we only take on a select number of weddings per year which ranges from 20-30 depending on dates, team member’s availability and the coordination and time involved in each.
- What is the average budget for clients you work with?
Average wedding budgets for our clients vary but typically in the $25,000-$75,000 range. It really varies depending on guest count, venue and overall vision. Some of our favourite weddings have taken place in a back yard of a family property.
- What vendors do you work with? Do you have favourites you work with and will you go outside of that list?
We have a preferred vendor list of select wedding industry professionals we trust to delivery quality product and service to our clients. However, we are always open to clients sourcing their own vendors and are happy to make recommendations on services off our preferred vendor list as well.
- What are the benefits of hiring you to help me plan my wedding?
We are an established wedding planning company in the Lower Mainland with a team of amazing and passionate individuals who want to help make your day amazing.
Although this is likely your first wedding, it’s not our first. We have years of experience across our team and each bring unique backgrounds and sets of experience and expertise. We are here to save you time and stress. We are here to lean on for creative ideas or resources. We are logistics wizards who love a challenge. Each package includes meetings to provide guidance
throughout the planning process and unlimited phone and email communication. We aren’t charging you for every question you have and can be as hands on or hands off as
you want. There really isn’t much we haven’t done or helped take care of related to the planning process and wedding weekend, so ask away! On the event day, we have your back. Any issues that come up, we do our best to make sure you don’t even know that anything has happened and it’s taken care of before you even notice. We are connected in the wedding industry so can be a great resource for sourcing vendors who work within your budget and
vision. Lastly, because we love weddings, our clients & what we do, we genuinely want to get to know you and be a friend throughout this process. We are here to listen to you
about your crazy family member or the bridesmaid that doesn’t like the colour of the dress… we got you! If after this planning process, we go for wine and have a great a laugh about all the fun we had throughout the process we would LOVE that! (oh and we LOVE baby photos, just sayin’)
- Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, vendor management is included in each of our three planning packages. Communication with these vendors is not just on the day- of but leading up to the event where we reach out, touch base with them, confirm arrival time and also provide them with the wedding day itinerary. Partial planning and full planning packages can even include meetings with these vendors in advance, whether in the booking process or closer to the wedding.
- Do you do planning for weddings outside of the Lower Mainland? How do you structure your fees or pricing for Destination Weddings?
Yes, we plan weddings out of the Lower Mainland and have workedin Whistler, Squamish, Vancouver Island/Sunshine Coast, Kelowna and Osoyoos. We recommend partial planning or full planning packages for most of our destination weddings as typically more meetings/site visits are involved. However, package pricing is the same, with travel and accommodation fees in addition to the package price.
- What are the differences in the types of packages you offer, such as full-planning, partial or month-of? The difference between the three packages is really the amount of hours and level of support and resources needed. If you are a hands-on bride who wants to be completely involved in every step of the planning process, you are organized and can dedicate 3-4 hours per week (and more closer to the wedding) then you likely only need the month-of package. However, if you already have a busy life with work or personal life, live out of town or just don’t know where to start with the planning process then the partial or full planning package is probably better for you.
- Do you have any décor items you rent or would you handle rentals?
We have décor items such as vases, candles, chargers, lanterns and other small décor items. We have a decorator on our team to be able to provide clients with an in-house décor option for linens and chair covers. If there are items not included in our inventory, we can assist with sourcing rentals as part of our décor & design package or in some packages this could be
included as part of your vendor management services.
- How often would we meet to discuss my wedding?
The number of meetings depend on the package you select. Each package can also be customized to add additional meetings or support if needed.
- How far in advance should we book your team?
Usually 6-12 months out from the wedding date is common for month-of coordination packages and for full or partial planning usually a bit longer like 12-18 months.
- What do you require for deposit and payment for services?
To secure the date, we require a 25% deposit which can be paid by cash, cheque or e-transfer.
- What happens if you’re sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of our wedding?
While in 8 years of running my business this has never happened, but, you just never know so it’s always good to have a Plan B. We have 3 members on our team who can manage and lead day-of coordination should something happen to one of them the others would step in as a back up. All our clients files including itineraries are saved on our Google Drive so all team members and vendors have access if needed. This is also why we do not book too many weddings in a season to ensure there is always one of our team free to jump in if needed. Finally, in addition to our team, we have great relationships with many other local wedding and events planners who we would be confident to hand over the reigns to if there was ever a problem or issue that came up. The wedding industry is a community and we have seen that more than ever this past year. We are confident there would be an expert able to take on your day if needed.