We are hiring a seasonal Event Assistant!
Our growing event planning company based in Surrey is looking for a part-time /seasonal event assistant. Hours would be flexible however must be available weekends for events.
Event Assistants are an integral part of the Glass Slipper Event Planning team, assisting the team with event logistics during our action-packed wedding season! The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow within our company. If you’re a natural planner, with exceptional customer service skills, work ethic and drive to learn and grow about the event industry, this is the position for you!
About Glass Slipper Event Planning
Based in the Lower Mainland, Glass Slipper Event Planning is a boutique event planning company specializing in weddings, special events, & styling. Lead by Owner and Principal Planning, Stephanie Mosher, Glass Slipper Event Planning has grown over the past eight years to a become a collaborative team of over 8 members.
We plan and create events that are personalized, one of a kind and memorable for not only the client but the guests as well. We love happy tears, checklists, style and design and good dance party! We play a significant role in executing our clients’ most important celebrations and pride ourselves in our exceptional level of service, passion & expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up of ceremony (chairs, aisle runner, signing table etc.)
- Set up of reception (tables & chairs, linens, rented items, place settings, favours, centre pieces etc.)
- Set up of floral (either provided by couple or delivered by florist)
- Set up of cocktail reception decor or items (high top tables, lawn games etc.)
- Breakdown/dismantling of decor items such as guestbook table, ceremony decor, centerpieces etc.
- Tear down of chairs, tables and linens
- Packing up rental items such as linens, vases, centerpieces etc.
- Packing up personal belongings and decor items such as gifts, guestbook, photos, head table items (bins or boxes must be supplied)
- Hall or venue clean up (stack chairs, put away tables, sweep or mop floor)
- Assisting with bringing items to vehicle or close to entrance for easy pick up from rental company
- Attending client meetings or site visit where necessary
- Inventory/rental pick up (where required)
- Day of coordination assistant for weddings/events where applicable
- Packing/un-packing and prep for weddings (counting product, packing car, ironing or steaming items)
- Acting as a liaison on behalf of Glass Slipper Event Planning at all times whether dealing with vendors or guests
- Attendance of staff meetings where applicable
- Are a natural born planner
- Demonstrate initiative, unparalleled attention to detail and organizational skills
- Have exceptional client service skills and enjoy going above and beyond for clients
- Are self-motivated and have the confidence to work independently
- Have a positive attitude and are very personable
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Are resourceful and enjoy problem solving
- Can work well under pressure
- Are willing to sweat
- Are a team player
- Are keen to learn about and grown within the wedding and events industry
- A positive, can-do attitude!
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings
- Some heavy lifting required
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel within the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley for weddings & events
- Previous experience in the wedding and events industry, customer service, or hospitality is considered an asset
- Serving It Right is considered an asset
Hours & Compensation:
Seasonal: April/May through to September (opportunity to stay on with the team after season ends or return following year)
Compensation based on experience.
To apply, please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org