We are hiring Event Assistants!
Event Assistants are an integral part of the Glass Slipper Event Planning team, assisting the team with event logistics during our action-packed wedding season! This role will primarily be focused on set up and take down at weddings however some additional support such as attending meetings, rental pick up/drop-off and packing event supplies might be required. The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow within our company. If you’re a natural planner, with exceptional customer service skills, work ethic and drive to learn and grow about the event industry, this is the position for you!
About Glass Slipper Event Planning
Based in the Lower Mainland, Glass Slipper Event Planning is a boutique event planning company specializing in weddings, special events, & styling. Lead by Owner and Principal Planning, Stephanie Mosher, Glass Slipper Event Planning has grown over the past six years to a become a collaborative team of over 7 members ranging from Associate Planners, Decor Specialists to Event Assistants.
We plan and create events that are personalized, one of a kind and memorable for not only the client but the guests as well. We love happy tears, checklists, style and design and good dance party! We play a significant role in executing our clients’ most important celebrations and pride ourselves in our exceptional level of service, passion & expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Set up & take down of ceremony of ceremony and reception including but not limited to tables, chairs, linens, personal décor etc.
- Room transitions (from ceremony to reception where applicable)
- Hall or venue clean up (stack chairs, put away tables, sweep or mop floor)
- Assisting with bringing items to vehicle or close to entrance for easy pick up from rental company
- Attending client meetings or site visit where necessary
- Day of coordination assistant for weddings/events where applicable
- Assisting in event day preperation such as running errands, packing supplies and communicating with vendors
- Rental or inventory pick up/drop off as required
- Attending event briefing meetings
- Attending tradeshows and wedding fairs on behalf of Glass Slipper Event Planning
- Acting as a liaison on behalf of Glass Slipper Event Planning at all times whether dealing with vendors or guests
- Are a natural born planner
- Demonstrate initiative, unparalleled attention to detail and organizational skills
- Have exceptional client service skills and enjoy going above and beyond for clients
- Are self-motivated and have the confidence to work independently
- Have a positive attitude and are very personable
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Are resourceful and enjoy problem solving
- Can work well under pressure
- Are willing to sweat
- Are a team player
- Are keen to learn about and grown within the wedding and events industry
- A positive, can-do attitude!
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings
- Minimum availability of 5 weekends over the summer months
- Some heavy lifting required
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel within the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley for weddings & events
- Previous experience in the wedding and events industry, customer service, or hospitality is considered an asset
- Serving It Right is considered an asset
Compensation based on experience.
To apply, please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org