We’re looking to expand our team in preparation for the upcoming 2016 season.
Are you an out-going, organized, self-starter who has fantastic administrative and interpersonal skills and are passionate to learn more about event planning? This position is for you.
Our growing event planning business based in Surrey is looking for a part-time event planning/admin assistant. Hours would be flexible however must be available weekends for events. Ability to work from home and/or from our home based office.
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Compensation: Based on experience
- Managing inquiries/bookings (using online database)
- Create social media plan and schedule weekly posts
- Creating content and updating our blog (WordPress)
- Wedding and event set up and tear down
- Attending client meetings where necessary
- Client admin and follow up (email to confirm meetings, payment due, arrival time for set up)
- Assistance with creating event itineraries and timelines
- Client payment management/invoicing
- Inventory/rental pick up (where required)
- Day of coordination assistant for weddings/events
- Packing/un-packing and prep for weddings (counting product, packing car, ironing or steaming items)
- Booking and prepping for trade shows and special events to promote our business
- Developing vendor relationships and referrals
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Previous experience in an administrative or customer service role
- Event Planning experience is an asset
- Experience with WordPress and Social Media Marketing is an asset
- Must have valid drivers license and access to vehicle for event days or meetings
To Apply: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter by Friday September 18th.